On 27 Dec 2002 at 20:11, Rodelion wrote:

> Quote from the manual: "A cross-microprism focusing system consists of a Fresnel
> lens, made up of many concentric rings, with microprism center underneath the
> ground glass..>>>" So I guess the large ring must be part of the microprism
> system, and in this case a 'down-side' part? All manual cameras with microprisms
> have got this large ring, so I figure it's just part of it.
>
> Someone else got any facts? Now I'm curious also.

I thought that the edge of the centre portion of the Fresnel lens on the
screens would always be visible given finder view of the old full matt screen
for the LX (SE-20). However the new full matt LX screen (SE-60W) shows no
visible lens edge outline in the finder and it also employs a Fresnel lens,
it's very nice to use.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA