On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Rob Studdert wrote:
> TWAIN seems to have died a natural death and I can't see where the advantage
> would lie in TWAIN if the camera mounts as a temporary drive. My E-10 mounts

The advantage, to me, is solely in the fact that I've accepted it and was
used to it. :)

> this way (without needed to add S/W to most USB drive aware systems) so apart
> from it being easy to drag and drop pic from the camera I can also use the
> 640MB of NVRAM as temporary storage to cart other files to friends etc, gone
> are the days of Zip and Floppies.

I, unfortuantly, am having NOTHING but problems with her machine and
mounting the camera as a drive. I'm not sure where the problem is, and I
just haven't wanted to spend the re quisit hours trying to make it work.
Obvivously, it must just be her stupid machine because no one here has
complained about software problems with it.. I'm just gonna buy one of
those $20 CF readers and see if it works or _still_ freaks out.. find out
if its the USB side of her machine that's borken, or the Pentax USB side.

--
http://www.infotainment.org       <->     more fun than a poke in your eye.
http://www.eighteenpercent.com    <->     photography and portfolio.