What can they say?    The point of any ad is to sell a product, and your
conclusion cannot be "we are one of many fine camera brands available".
Even if skill is more important there is a reason why we on this list
buy Pentax instead of those other "scurvy dawg" brands (I love that
phrase.)  Also, you could argue that they are saying "our cameras are
good enough not to inhibit your creative efforts."   I think not,
however;  the point of advertising is to say "we rock and they s**k".

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>>  Bad, as they continue to promote the
ethos that it is the equipment that produces the
quality/goodness/desirability/insertyourownparameterhere in the
photograph.  We all know that's not true, don't we?

mike