If they can hit a lower price point it won't be obsolete.

At 02:03 PM 1/8/2003 +0800, you wrote:
Dear all,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
What's ironic is the fact that Canon can't keep up with demand on the D60,
(try to findone in stock anywhere)  yet an entire year later they plan to
offer a D90?  Who are they kidding.  They put the stuff out before they make
them.
In fact, there are lot of stocks of D60 here in Hong Kong. You can buy D60 instantly in any of the major camera shops, or even the chain consumer AV equipment stores.

DPReview.com has reported that Canon discontinued D60. At a similar time last year, i.e. few months before PMA, Canon discontinued D30 to make way for D60. I won't be surprised if we are going to see replacement products for D60 in the coming PMA2003. D90 or the rumoured D3 is very likely.
Pentax is therefore again planning something obsolete before even it reach the market. I only hope that the rumoured 10M Foveon D-SLR can save their face.

Regards,

Henry Chu

    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  --Groucho Marx