Apparently everyone's mileage varies. I'm using ME for it's disaster recovery
capabilities, I'm constantly doing something that causes systems lockups.
ME recovers from a re-boot after a lockup more often. (I hate to think the
number of times I've had to re-install 95 and 98 because they got so bunged up
they just wouldn't boot). Yes I know XP is a lot more solid as is W2K but
I just hate the new XP interface and I've misplaced the software key for my copy
of W2K, (which doesn't have drivers for most of my peripherals anyway).

95SE did come with USB support as an add in, worked alright but last time I crashed it
developing in C++ I chucked it.

At 01:06 PM 1/10/2003 -0500, Mark Roberts wrote:
Peter Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>That depends on your OS as well.

Yep. The original Win95 won't do USB at all. Win 95 OSR2 had USB capability
but it was a bit shaky. Win98 seems to be rock solid with USB as far as I
can tell - at least, since I updated my chipset drivers after I bought my
Epson 1270 a couple of years ago.

>Win95 and 98 don't do as well as later versions.

It depends: Do you count the abominable Windows ME? ;-)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing