I"m with you, Fred,

I've always called it "TAK-you-mar".  Like you, it's likely so ingrained
that I"ll never change.

Maybe I should just stick to "Tak".  <vbg>

And like most English speakers (I think), it's always been
"ah-SAH-hee".  Maybe that's why it's just "Pentax" now...

cheers,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true." -J. Robert