It occurred to me a number of years ago, that if a non-native speaker
depends on the written word to help him 'learn' the language, good luck!
Unless it's a news organization publication, a predominance of which
speak 'correctly' and with consistently, you're VERY  likely to be
mislead as to the correctness of the language used, and the sentence structure.
I keenly observe folks who speak my own native language, and have for
some time. Language and how it's spoken really interests me.
Along the way, it's been more and more obvious that few 'average
citizens' are [either] able to speak or write correctly. That is, in
full accordance with all the rules and regs that govern 'proper' and
'currently agreed upon' language construction.

Most of us have our own little quirks and repeat all manner of faults
and our expression is not quite correct. Most of us, I'd say.
I've written for technical publications and the like, for years, and
it's not easy work!
Oh, the words flow just fine, if you're on a roll, but the errors in
spelling and syntax and myriad other faults creep in, automatically.
That's why we use word processors (thank the Gods typewriters are no
longer needed!) Get it all down 'on paper' first, correct it later!
That's why most of us use spell-checkers, and the same "most of us"
make spelling errors constantly, and English is our native language,
and we've spoken it all our lives!

So, why would we expect others from any other nation to be any more
precise in their use of THEIR language? I suspect they aren't!
I think they have spell checkers, grammar checkers and thesauruses in
most of the rest of the civilized industrial countries, too!

I agree with John. We should try as best we can, to present language
that is spelled correctly, and insomuch as it's personally possible,
speak properly (sentence construction, grammar, etc.)
If you do it habitually, it's becomes second nature after a while, and
it's not as much a task as it seems at the outset.
I also agree with Doug. Go easy on obvious non-native speakers. A lot
of them a hard enough time as it is.

In the meanwhile, let's not let our own communication skills
deteriorate too far. Just plain understanding what everybody else is
really trying to say is an ongoing task! Let's not make it harder by
being sloppy, uncritical communicators.

OKAY, OKAY ~ I'M OFF THE BOX! <g>

keith whaley