Dear all,

What you should have included in your post (maybe you already have, I just
skimmed through this thread) is the fact that the large increase in the
digicam sales is really at the sacrifice of P&S film camera. People who
used to buy film P&S are shifting to digicam by a huge mass. I am sure this
will be proliferated to more upscale market, i.e., DSLR as soon as their
price comes down to certain level.
Maybe Ken is in a better position to translate the original report.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20030127-00000021-zdn-sci

The report appeared to mention that the rate of decrease in film SLR is similar to that of film P&S! Some of the more-advanced digital cameras, like Canon G3/Nikon 5700 might have eaten part of the lower-end film SLR market of EOS300/Nikon F65? There are many friends around me bought D100/D60 in 2002 but I don't know personally any one bought a F5/1V last year.

Regards,

Henry Chu
28/1/2003