Hi Pat,

You forgot an Italian one!

The ~real~ Little Italy is along College, between about Bathurst and
Ossington.  The Italian district you mention along St. Clair West is called
Corsa Italia.  The other places you mention are in the 'burbs, so they don't
count <g>.  So I guess that makes 4 Italian areas by your count.

It is interesting, though, the way the older ethnic neighbourhoods have
retained their identity, and as the community has become upwardly mobile,
they've migrated to the suburbs, creating new enclaves out there.

Toronto certainly is a city of ethnic neighbourhoods, with very distinct areas
of East Indian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, West Indian, Ethiopian, Somalian
and Korean ethnicity, just to mention a few.  Then, it gets real complicated
when you consider the Indo Carribean and Indo African areas (that is people of
East Indian descent who migrated to Africa (South Africa and Uganda, mostly),
and the Carribean, made distinct cultures in those places, and then moved
here.

This is an interesting town!

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert