Hi Todd

> Removing the mechanical linkage so the camera knows where the aperture ring
> is set was purely a cost saving measure on the MZ-30 (and MZ-50)  I think
> it was a stupid move too, how much could that little lever cost anyway?
> Plus it's present on the cheapest camera in the lineup, the MZ-M.

I guess its not just a matter of saving on cost but on weight also.  I looked at
the specs of the MZ-30 and it weighs in at 13.3 oz (without batteries or lens),
a saving of 1 oz against the MZ-7.  Maybe if they took of the strap lugs,
removed the pop-up flash, the hot shoe, the mid roll rewind function it would be
even lighter.

<<SNIP>>

Regards
Bruce Ferguson
Canterbury
Kent

"Freedom is the freedom to say, 2+2=4.  If that is granted all else follows."
(Winston Smith, April 1984)