At 08:20 13.2.2003 +0100, Boz wrote:
>Yep, my thought exactly.  I have a newest-style LX which has been to
>Pentax twice, and it still ain't 100% healthy.  Pentax tells me that
>uneven exposure within one frame is due to my lenses...

Uneven exposure *within one frame* ? What kind of ?
The only thing in the body which could cause this kind
of behaviour is a faulty shutter. And the shutter can make this kind of
problems only when exposure times are shorter than the flash sync (when the
exposure of the frame is made with a narrow moving slit between the first and
second curtains). If you get uneven exposure within one frame with long
exposure times, the shutter is fully open most of that time so the problem
cannot be in the shutter (and neither in the other parts of the body).
Have they replaced the shutter ?

I have had the old style LX for about 10 years now with no more maintenance
problems than one could expect from any mechanical professional camera.
Not even the sticky mirror, but I had it CLA'd a couple of years ago
because of a minor frame spacing problem.
The LX is the best camera I have ever taken photographs with.

Antti-Pekka

---
* Antti-Pekka Virjonen * Fiskarsinkatu 7 D       * GSM: +358 500 789 753 *
* Computec Oy Turku    * FIN-20750 Turku Finland * Fax: +358 10 264 0777 *