For weddings, I mostly shoot manual focus.  Once in a while, I'll
shoot AF (of course then I have to use my 35mm MZ-S), but mostly it is
MF on MF (medium Format).  Wedding are actually quite static for what
I shoot.  I am a bit more traditional.  Tom may have a different use
as he shoots a more photojournalist style.

Don't get me wrong, I would never consider buying a 35mm without AF,
but there are many, many times when it is not better and sometimes
worse than manual focusing - with the caveat that you have good
eyesight and good technique and a good viewfinder.

AF for me is wonderful when I am shooting moving subjects that have no
obvious, predictable pre-focus locations.  I've done a lot of youth
sports - turned into slideshows for the end of season.  AF has been
indispensable for that (come to think of it, a DSLR would have been
perfect!).

The rest of the time, I haven't found it to be an improvement over
manual focus.

Bruce