Actually I have no problem with him selling scribbles with his signature
as art. The people who buy such things are the one's I feel have the problem.
I also agree he was a draftsman of great skill and an artist of great vision.
However I too can create drawings that look a bit like a Picasso meets kindergarten
art and I freely admit that I have particular skill as a draftsman.

At 12:41 AM 2/15/2003 +0000, you wrote:
Hi,

> True, but at the end of his life he could sell anything as long as it
> had his signature on it.

so what? He deserved it, and if people wanted to give him the money,
why should he not take it? This does not detract from his skill as a
draughtsman or his contribution to our culture.

Bob

> At 09:05 PM 2/14/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Friday, February 14, 2003, 4:21:30 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> > So you were right? :)

>>Picasso was an astonishingly good draughtsman.

    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  --Groucho Marx