This is likely to be a wiring problem. I expect there's a bad
connection or broken wire between the potentiometer in the lens
mount (of the camera body) and the metering cell circuit board
arounf the eyepiece.
IF that's the problem it would be an easy fix.
Email me privately if you want to discuss this more.

Mark