Alex, I think your brother is right, but the ones who wrote the messages
which outraged hm so much were only joking, at least that is what I
understood.
But one thing is clear: some people buy certain brands only to impress
the other persons around them, or because they feel that way they show
their economic or social status. Some years ago I knew a guy who had
bought a pair of Hasselblads, which were always in a showcase in his
home. I bet that those cameras were never used.
Regards.