On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:44:47 -0600, you wrote:

>I sympathize with your individual position, but generally it's hardly fair
>to expect a digital SLR to be compatible with lenses which were superceded
>decades before there _was_ digital. To me it will be fairly amazing if the
>DSLR will be compatible with _any_ manual focus lenses, and not just the
>FA's.
>
>--Mike

The D100 is incompatible with older lenses, yet I use them all the
time. Just focus, shoot, check and in needed adjust exposure, and keep
on shooting. No problem-o.

As long as Pentax does not do something really stupid like locking out
the shutter when a non-A or non-FA lens is mounted, there should be no
real problem using K or M lenses (or even screw-mount) on the Pentax
DSLR.

The type of person who owns and uses these fine old lenses won't mind
twitching a dial to set exposure... or, horror of horrors, carry a
light meter... right?

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com