On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:33:17 -0500, you wrote:

>> The type of person who owns and uses these fine old lenses won't
>> mind twitching a dial to set exposure... or, horror of horrors,
>> carry a light meter... right?
>
>Well, John, for me, it's yes and no...
>
>As an owner of some of "these fine old lenses", I don't mind
>"twitching a dial to set exposure", but I'm not at all excited about
>the idea of having to lug around a light meter (it's not that it's
>not do-able, it's just that it's often not terribly convenient).
>
>Fred

Yeh, adding a light meter to the kit seems a stretch. But if Pentax
has a histogram review of exposure on the LCD ala the D100, there's no
need for a light meter. I review exposure between shots by looking at
the shape and location of the histogram, and check for blinking
outlines that signify burnt out highlights.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com