On 1 Mar 2003 at 15:25, Mike Johnston wrote:

> This statement contains a premise that I don't think has been demonstrated
> yet. It's still an assumption, and may not be correct. We only have two
> full-frame DSLRs. One is 11 mp and the other is just now out on the market. I
> don't think there's sufficient basis for concluding that a 35mm-sized sensor is
> inherently better than an APS-sized sensor, EVEN IF you _had_ made real-world
> comparisons, which I know you haven't. There are just too many other variables
> involved at present to support such a conclusion.

I had written a multi-page monologue reply to your comments but I have set it
aside. I've opted for the basic approach:

Lets just assume that in the case of APS vs 35mm sized sensors similar physics
pixies are at work that make 67 a more resolute and higher quality yielding
media than 35mm film (all else being equal of course).

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours