----- Original Message -----
From: "Pål Jensen"
Subject: Re: Dedicated lenses for DSLR

> John wrote:
>
> > If it is not good, or not cheap, Pentax has missed their market. At
> > this point in the DSLR market, Pentax is a third-party camera maker,
> > much like Sigma and Tokina are third-party lens makers.
>

> But are there any indication that the *ist D is goling to be particularly
cheap? Competitive yes, but cheap? Pentax must know that theres a built up
demand for a K-mount DSLR and many stand in line waiting for it. It make no
sense to my mind for Pentax to sell the *ist D cheap, at least intially, as
there are so many who will buy it almost regardless.

I suppose to be contrary, there is no indication that it will be expensive
either.
They will have to price it to be competitive with the competing brands.
Otherwise, all they can hope to sell is the handfull that us PDML types are
lining up for.

William Robb