--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
> But if I use it mostly for landscapes and shoot from
> f=4 the results should be great I hope.

Yes indeed, I have meade some really great shots with
this lens.

So even at
> 2.8 is not so good but probably better than 2.8
> version full open.
> Thank you!
> Alek
> PS Is it similar to FA version if performance is
> concerns?FA lens got great reviews...

The FA is a totally different lens. I don't have it,
but from the reviews I have read I would prefer the FA
lens (i) if wide open performance is important and/or
(ii) if you are doing night shots. The reason for this
are the IMO quite large coma wings at f2 of the A-lens
(reportedly, the FA lens has a very good correction
for coma).

Enjoy,
Alexander