Pentax must release USM and IS technology, because...

Choosing SLR, is choosing a system. Those who wish to use the SLR primarly for p&s photography doesn't bother, but those who are serious about learning photography - who sees photography as an art, as a hobby or as an income - thinks about SLR as a system. Cameras, lenses, accessories. They might not buy the big, fancy lenses the first thing they do when they have bought a SLR - but they want to have them as an option. It's positive if those lenses exist, even if they can't afford them just now. If they can't afford them new, they might be able to afford them 2nd hand.

I have seen a lot of photographers who buys the budget MZ-options, or even a MZ-5n, then they regret this. Because they want to move on, they want to photograph wildlife, birds, fast action, close up, taking candids - what ever. And they want technology that Pentax can't offer. It is of course possible to take great wildlife shots, even candids, with Pentax. But it do exist photographers who fancy new technology, who are tempted by USM, IS, VR, SWM, SSM, HSM, OS and the like. They move on, they sell their Pentax equipment and go for a Nikon or Canon instead. Many has done this, many are still doing it.

Pentax needs to attract new customers, as well as keeping the old ones. Remember Ralf Engelmann? He was a very respected photographer and tech-wiz, he switched from Pentax to a Dynax 7 because of the features and the technology it offered him.

I'm not into USM or IS, I don't need it for my type of photography. But I understand those who feel tempted by the technology. Beginners as well as advanced photographers. And in order to attract those, Pentax must release USM and IS technology - lenses and bodies with support for USM and IS.

Pentax doesn't need to make a F5 or EOS 1 killer. I know many professional photographers with F100 and EOS 3, even EOS 30/33. But they need to make something good. Sealed design, fast AF, fast winder, USM and IS.

Best wishes,
Roland

Skaffa fler messengerkontakter - Vinn 10.000 i resecheckar! http://messenger.msn.se/promo