Date might be more popular in Japan than in the U.S. I believe Pentax decided to have it as standard, was to save cost. It cost money to make an add-on, it's less expensive to include it with the body from start. Since they already had planned the LCD panel to be at the back, they could use the existing display instead of adding a new one.

I have no use for QD-backs, but I believe some may.

Best wishes,
Roland

From: Bruce Rubenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Complaints
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:39:44 -0500

In the US, only the 7E model can be had with the date option. It is a virtually worthless option for SLRs. Unless you have some very special need it is only for the P&S crowd. The date function will not sell more *ists vis-a-vis the Elan 7.

BR

From: Bruce Rubenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:53:53 -0500

They're only $40 (not the E version) apart here, and the Canon name is worth $40 to a lot of people.

Do you compare date models? The *ist comes with a data back as standard, it can't be bought without one. You must compare with date models from the competition.

Best wishes,
Roland

_________________________________________________________________ Hitta rätt på nätet med MSN Sök http://search.msn.se/

Lättare att hitta drömresan med MSN Resor http://www.msn.se/resor/