From: John Mustarde [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 8:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DSLR - No meter needed

One advantage of a DSLR is the instant review. Just take the shot,
read the highlights/histogram, and adjust accordingly.

It's not perfect, mainly because the image review screen is so small.
But a histogram, and a feature to show blown highlights, plus the
ability to zoom in, makes for some pretty useful instant feedback.

It's good enough that most don't really mind the camera's inability to
meter with non-CPU lenses. One shot gives more information than a
reading from an incident or spot meter.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com