Jostein,

Thanks for the info.

As near as I can tell, the 400T has a GN of 40 at an effective
coverage of 28mm.  My manual for the 360FGZ says that it has a GN of
36 when zoomed to 85mm coverage, GN 30 at 50mm and GN 22 at 28mm.
Based on that, it seems that the 400T actually has about twice the
power of the 360FGZ.  I am wondering how the 400T would compare to the
500FTZ.  In other words, what are the GN's at different zoom coverage?

The Quantum T2 still looks great, but at twice the price.

Thanks for any and all thoughts and information.

Bruce