This still doesn't make any sense to me. If your goal is to promote
sales of new lenses by making K and M lenses redundant, why would you
keep compatibility with screw mount lenses? There can't be many people
who would want to use 645 and 67 lenses with it either to be important
enough a reason. As for the 28 shift, well how many of those get sold
each year?

Fortunately I can live with this situation. I have an F 50/1.4 for
portrait use and maybe I'll get a 31/1.8 as a standard lens! Meanwhile
my SMCT 300 and 500 are still usable for motorsport, so that is really
only one extra lens to buy.

The rest of the glass will just be relegated to film only use with the
MXs and LX. It would have been nice to be able to use the 30/2.8, 85/2
and 100/2.8 but it's not the end of the world.

Paul Ewins
Melbourne, Australia