Dunno. It's a nice to have option. Also all but some very special Pentax current production lenses for 35mm cameras are AF. I just want to enter a shop, check the gear, and buy it new, with 14 days return policy, 1 year guarantee and so on. Guess what. I usually can choose between a nice selection of Canon and Nikon cameras and lenses. No Pentax in sight, and when it exists, it's some MZ-60 with the 28-80 zoomie. Guess if you can find a Pentax flash or hood. I'm tired of scouring ebay and camera shops websites. If Pentax wants to concentrate to the Japanese market, and design their products for that, and direct their marketing efforts there, then who am I to stay in their way. I'm not speaking here of special treatment for some well known professionals. I'm speaking about having some amateur products on the shop shelves. What, nothing to display ? Well, nothing to sell either. Bye bye.

cheers,
caveman

Jim Apilado wrote:
A student from the high school I recently retired from went out with his
mentor from the local newspaper.  The student used a Canon D30.  Before his
outing he had always shot in AF with th3  D30, which is noted for not having
very good AF.  The pro told him to use manual focus for a lot of his shots.
So what's the big deal about needing AF anyway?