Hello again Alan,

> I don't know why the 3V lithium would damage
> the circuit, but this web site suggested some
> LXs were damaged by CR1/3N.
> http://member.nifty.ne.jp/tsun2/libat.htm

I couldn't get the excite link to translate for me, but here's what I got
out of BabelFish from AltaVista:

> "CR - 1 / 3n lithium electric battery XXYEN 700
>
> The CR - 1 / the LR44, 3n (the SR44) there is a lithium
> electric battery of equal size to x 2. It is tend to think
> as the lithium electric battery = high performance, but to
> tell the truth the CR - 1 / the 3n because it is the quality
> which is unsuitable to to use for the camera, when in the
> type which is not stated in the instruction manual and the
> like as a use electric battery please do not use, received
> guidance at service center of the ??????.
> The CR - 1 / inserting the 3n, handwritten it is to repair
> vote of the LX which it puts out to overhaul, clear.
>
> Active type: Super A and PROGRAM A
>
> Use failure type: LX and P50 DATE, P30 (DATE, N and T)
>
> (The type which is not stated is lack of confirmation)

Not much hard data. Could it be that the LX and P50/P30 draw too much
current and overheat the battery, causing it to crack open and leak? But I
would think the Super and Program A models would draw a lot of current as
well.

Maybe it is a physical size issue, like the CR1/3N is _slightly_ taller then
two MS76s and in the "failure types" this damages the battery compartment,
requiring an overhaul?

Any Japanese readers/translators out there that can interpret the page any
better?

Thanks for the info Alan!

- THaller