Christopher Comer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    I don't follow the future of Pentax too closely so maybe
>you could fill me in on some rumors.  Will the *ist line be
>phasing out the Z/M line of cameras?

There will probably be entry-level *ists in the future to replace the
lower-priced Pentax cameras currently in the line. Eventually. The ZX-60
(MZ-60) and ZX-L (MZ-6) are going to be produced for at least 2 more
years.

>Does Pentax plan on ever making a pro body again?

No one knows. Pentax isn't saying (although they *have* said they intend
to make a full-frame DSLR eventually and this may, by definition, have
to be a "pro" body).

>I'm thinking about moving to a ZX-5n from a ZX-M in a few months and I'm
>just curious if the *ist will lower the price of the ZX-5n since they are so
>similar in features and price.

The *ist replaces both the -5n and the -7. The -5n has been out of
production for some time now. They've been selling off what's in the
warehouses for a while and by now they've probably cleared out the
warehouses and are just selling what's left on the store shelves. If you
want one, buy it quick. The -7 is out of production. There are probably
a lot left in the warehouses so you needn't act as fast if you want one
of those.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing