Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:27:08 -0400
From: Peter Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> There is no reason for Pentax to also alienate old
users at the
> same time, they just have however.

I agree, I would have liked to see full compatibility
of the *istD with plain K lenses.

OTOH A-lenses will work without limitations. The
camera is incompatible only for those old users who
don't have bought a new lens from Pentax since 20
years (when the A-lenses were introduced). This is a
pretty long period of time. It is highly unlikely that
those users will buy something (including the *istD)
from them in the foreseeable future. I don't think
they will loose much ...

Alexander

> At 10:34 AM 6/7/03 -0700, you wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 12:20:38 +0100
> > From: Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > I have a couple of MXs and some Pentax glass.
These
> > > items are from a
> > > completely different company that exists now.
> >
> > That is the case for all camera manufacturers.
Those