Actually I have no complaint on the *ist, not even the aperture coupling thing because all my F/FA lenses will work. But the QC thing really got to my nerve. Well... I should stop now as I have been repeating myself far too many times (just hope the mesage would be passed to Japan though the English speaking God somehow).

regards,
Alan Chan

"I have been reading the posts about this camera and wonder why so many,
perhaps most, of the members of this group are so interested in such a
crappy little thing?"

I won't buy a starkist. I might buy one for my wife if she needs another body. She is now using my old ZX-50. I am, though, very interested in the starkist because, for an entry/medium level body, it is packed with many of the features that I use on my PZ-1p bodies. I hope this means that higher-quality bodies with these features will be forthcoming. In particular, offering center-weighted and spot metering on the starkist means, I hope, that it will be possible to use slide film in the less expensive Pentax cameras.