Heiko wrote:

> This is something, that I could accept. I did never mind the crippled
> mount on a MZ-30/50/60, as there is no need to buy such a camera. But I
> can't understand, why cost cutting is an argument on a 2000,- DLSR. What
> might that saving be? 10,- Euro/US$?

My guess is that the majority of the *ist D buyers come from digital P&S. The other
major customer base are current Pentax customers with current Pentax equipment (which
is compatible). A certain number come from other brands of slr's. I suspect that the
smallest customer base are people using 20+ year old lenses.
Of course there may also be technical and marketing reasons for limited compatibility.

Pål