Peter wrote:

> You are mixing two contradictory arguments in your post:
>
> 1.) Pentax doesn't care how many of these bastard things they market so why
> make them
> compatible.

That was not what I said. Or meant to say. Making them comoatible don't make any
difference for sales exept making the thing more expensive.

> 2.) Pentax is making a statement that they plan to be around for a long
> time and
> support their lenses with new bodies, (but we'll cripple them so you can't
> use some for no
> particular reason except marketing).
>
> What I see is a marketing decision to sell lenses, if they don't sell any
> of these bodies they won't sell new lenses so why build the body.

I think you are way out of propotions. There simply aren't that many K and M lenses in
use. Particularly not on a potential DSLR. Nobody makes DSLR's for 20+ year old lenses
perhaps because it isn't such a good idea commercially.
There also might be sound technical reasons for a total change of metering principle;
the *ist D needs to be compatible with future lenses. Not lenses from more than 20
years back.

Pål