Alexander,

When I invested into new and old Pentax equipment I did so because of the compatibilty of the k-mount. Suddenly this compatibilty is reduced for effectively no particular reason at all. Pentax is NOT just doing what everybody else does: Pentax changed its mount already in 1975. They have advertised the compatibilty of the k-mount ever since the SFX. Now they are effectively changing their mount for the 2nd time - which other manufacturer changed their mount twice? And even if they were doing like everybody else, this would not make their move any better. Everybody else doing something bad is no excuse for me doing so, too.

Yes, I can use my A, F and FA lenses on the *ist D, and even if there was full compatibilty they certainly match it much better than K-and M-series lenses. However, I still can not see why Pentax decides that I should NOT be able to sensibly use my older lenses on the *ist D as well. I myself want to be able to decide which of my Pentax lenses I use on the *ist D. I am adult and can take my own decisions.

Arnold

Then most of your stuff will fit the *istD. You said in an earlier post that the you have a complete line-up of AF lenses. I can't help I find this continuous whining highly exaggregated. And irrational. Pentax just did what every other company is doing.