Bob S. wrote:

> I don't see a vertical shutter release switch! :-(

>> Alex quoted and asked...
>> Do you know how much it costs? Is it available to buy or do
>> we have to wait?

According to David, the official page will be updated in a few days.
Members of the X'star forum can already have a sneak preview of the
grip with vertical release in the camera photo section. Note that the
pictures is owned by DaveCam.

David is not able to deliver this grip in larger amounts or very
fast. In fact he produces the grip besides his normal job work. It
might even be that he will stop production after a certain number of
items. The price is not fixed yet, and will depend on the features
you want. Since the grip is custom made anyway, you will be free to
choose different versions (e.g. without vertical release, only
AA or CR123, or both battery types.

Regarding the battery use of Z-1P, the strong power demand problem
stays. This means, normal AA batteries will have a shorter lifespan,
but you can use them in case no other batteries are available. For
longterm performance, either AA lithiums or CR123 lithiums will work
in the grip. Plus 2CR5 without the grip. The Z-1P will be able to use
almost any battery type available this way, but the typical
advantages and disadvantages of these different batteries will stay
of course.

The grip will be large. Expect your Z-1P to become a true MZ-S killer
with it. With a black limited lens and maybe the new top class flash
from Metz, your DaveCam Z-1P will become the real flagship... :-)

Ralf