Hi Jose,

on 19 Jun 03 you wrote in pentax.list:

>I'm new in the forum, and it seems that the new Pentax *ist (35mm) is not a
>favourite among forum members.
>Can anybody explain me in a few words why?

In addition to Len's and Grawolf's replies: The *ist has mount, that
doesn't support older SMC/SMC-M lenses (non-A-lenses). There are many
useres who don't like this idea (some of them have a notable number of
those lenses and they are disappointed that the *istD won't support them
in a sensible way). But if I remember correctly then you are using only
A-lenses. So this issue won't be a problem for you.

>In other words, may I buy that camera, or the Nikon 75 or even the
>veteran Canon EOS 300 are better choices?

I would prefer the *ist. The F75's viewfinder is terrible and I don't
like Canon's user interface. I have tried the *ist on the Cebit this
year and I was impressed by the fast AF, the good viewfinder and the
ergonomic user interface. It has the most sophisticated AF system of
all.

There is one thing all these entry-level camera's have in common: they
look and feel quite cheap because of their silver plastics finishing.
Not comparable to a solid Super A...;-)

Cheers, Heiko