Anthony Farr wrote:

Pentax knows more about making and selling
cameras than you or I ever will.

I find it interesting that you accept that for Pentax, but not for Minolta: "It works because it works, and because we tell you so. Trust us, we're Minolta's advertising agency and we wouldn't lead you astray".

Can you name a single major manufacturer of 35mm SLR cameras who hasn't in
recent years made changes to their mount that either alters, limits, or even
prevents the functionality of their older, out of production lenses?

Recent years ? Canon ? All EF mount lenses work with all EF mount cameras ? Yes, they did a major change 20 years ago, from FD to EF, Pentax did one from screw to K too, but after that they didn't play sh*tty compatibility games. Like those with current FAJ lenses that don't work with current cameras such as MZ-5n.

GET THIS. Pentax's new *ist and *ist D are fully compatible with their
current and planned lenses.

Get this: the *ists were designed with FAJ type lenses in mind.

cheers,
caveman