In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lon Williamson)
wrote:

> What we need is a good ole fashioned thread where
> everyone gets to justify a magic piece of Pentax
> equipment.  So:  If you had to go photograph, and
> you didn't know where or what or why, what lens would
> you take with you?  You get only one.

85/1.8 SMC Takumar on the Spotmatic F. It's what I take c.80% of my
pictures with anyway.

BTW: Hello, folks, I joined a few days ago and have been lurking to get
the hang of what people talk about here. I've had the SpotF and a few
lenses for years. In the last 15 months or so I've been taking a load more
pictures - mostly of people, hence the 85 - and scanning my Ektachromes
with a MicroTek 3600 film scanner, which is a very civilised way to do
colour photography.

I'm working on moving up to K-series from Spotmatics: I tend to feel
cameras need a few decades to mature. I've been haunting eBay for a couple
of months, but there still hasn't been a 35/2.0 K- or M-series along to
partner the 85/1.4 I picked up there. Anyone know of a still-wider 35mm
that's available in K-mount?

Yes, I like lots of maximum aperture. My sight isn't the finest, and lots
of light is good.

---
John Dallman                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]