Forgive me for going off here. This pisses me off.

It's not about anything as trivial as vengeance, dumbshit. Assuming that it
is about vengeance (as expressed in your post) shows an appalling lack of
intellect being applied to the events of this day.

It's about removing a dangerous bully from the world scene so that he can no
longer invade his neighbors, torture his own people and gas whole towns
killing nearly every man, woman and child. That's why September the 11th was
referred to as a "prologue." Get it? PROLOGUE! Meaning the BEGINNING of this
sort of hell if we don't start doing something about it. It is not a new
war, it is an extension of the original Gulf war inasmuch as Saddam Hussein
did not live up to the terms demanded for ceasing the action against him.

Now my son has returned from Iraq. His left foot, from the shin down, has
now been amputated as well as the forward half of his right foot. He is down
to 110 lbs and wracked with pain. When I talked with him about his
experience he told of folks in the northern town where he was serving
throwing flowers on him and his buddies nearly every day. He listened to the
people tell him about the atrocities perpetrated upon them and their
children as they showed him some of their scars. He said, "Dad, these are
good people who never deserved what Hussein did to them." Now you say,
effectively, that these boys who answered this call have been and are giving
their lives for nothing, for that's all vengeance is. That my boy gave up
his feet for nothing, because you claim it's about something as trivial as
vengeance. F*ck you. Freedom is never free, you ass. It is bought with the
terrible price of the blood of better men than you.

Now I note your ".de" extension. As I understand it, "The Father Land" has a
rich history of such things itself. (Was Hungary - now Kuwait, Was Jews -
now Kurds, was the SS - now the Republican Guard, Was a regime that stood
for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader,
severe economic and social regimentation and forcible suppression of
opposition - Saddam is/was the same, etc.) Perhaps you long for those days
of yesteryear and are saddened to see a kindred spirit fall.

Sig Heil! (or whatever)

Regards,
Bob...
"Do not suppose that abuses are eliminated by destroying
the object which is abused.  Men can go wrong with wine
and women.  Shall we then prohibit and abolish women?"
-Martin Luther

From: "Hans Imglueck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> Tony said:
>
> "September the 11th was not an isolated event, but a tragic prologue, Iraq
another act, and many further struggles will be set upon this stage before
it's over."

> What are they planing? How many people have to die before the victims
> of September the 11th will be avenged? Indeed tragic!
>
> Cheers, Hans.
>
> --- Robert Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Tony Blair is in Washington and gave a speech to a joint session of
> >Congress this afternoon. People who heard it say it was brilliantly
> >delivered. I did not hear it but read the text and find it admirable.
> >Worth a read -- at:
> >

>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6801-2003Jul17.html?nav=hpto
p_ts

> >Bob Harris
> >
> >frank theriault wrote:
> >
> >> Dear me.  Did a politician say something remotely interesting?  And I
> >> missed it!
> >>
> >> What happened?  Did someone find a WMD in Iraq?
> >>
> >> waiting patiently,
> >> frank

> >> --
> >> "I don't believe in God, but I do believe in pi" - Henri
Cartier-Bresson

> 23a mail

> Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get [EMAIL PROTECTED], No
Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more!
http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag