gfen wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Keith Whaley wrote:
> > I have a FA 28-70mm f/4.0 AL on the way to me (haven't seen it yet) and
> > it's presumably got some small (I hope) glitch in it's 'macro' feature.
>
> There's a "macro" feature?

No, no, no!  I unintentionally misled, based on what I _thought_ I heard
from the seller. My error.
This lens focuses down to just over 9", which is not quite "macro," but
is quite close for a constant focus zoom.
Doesn't matter if you're at 28mm or 70mm. Near focus is the same. For
this lens, that is a very nice close focus distance.
It does have some manual focusing problems, in terms of it's focusing
ring sort of sticking and moving on, at the end of it's travel, but that
turns out to not be a problem. Totally predictable, and it still works
just fine.

keith