[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Keith,
> Better to say you are planning to mount the MG/MX cameras on the FA28-70/2.8
> as the lens will overpower the camera, outweighing it by 3-5X.  You will need
> something else like a winder to make holding it comfortable on those small
> cameras.
> Regards,  Bob S.

Hah! You're right, Bob.
I misread. Or maybe mis-stated. Along the way, the thread
began mentioning both the f/2.8 and the f/4.0.
I have the 4.0.
Which is not to say if I found a 2.8 somewhere I might not have tried to
get it!  <g>
I can see why you thought the lens might overbalance the body! That's a
big one!

The f/4.0 version is far more reasonable in size. It's almost
identical in size to my SMC Pentax-A zoom 1:4  35-70mm lens.

keith whaley