Hi!

Welcome. Well Kostas, I was in the same position exactly when I was
after my camera a year ago. MZ-6 can do DOF preview. It has a button
that does just that. MZ-6 does not have a panoramic mode though which
MZ-5n seems to have. Perhaps you got confused between the two.

Now, I chose MZ-6 - cheaper and better (on paper). I don't regret that
since my MZ-6 has been a reliable camera that did all that I wanted it
to do. However there is one catch. The catch is viewfinder quality.
Eventually it almost forced me to buy ME Super and turn MZ-6 to be a
second body while most of my shooting is done with ME Super.

If you have no autofocus lenses I'd seriously suggest you'd consider
used ME Super - you can have some very good instances of this class
for no more than $100 - $150.

Again, MZ-5n has better build, more solid, better viewfinder and it is
generally considered a camera of higher class. To give you an example,
my first car was Ford Sierra which in England I know is quite popular.
Albeit old none of my later cars - Nissan Almera or Ford Focus
couldn't come even close to the level of comfort that I had with my
Sierra. Though of course both Nissan and Focus had better engine,
better A/C and were generally more modern cars.

If you have particular questions about MZ-6 feel free to contact me
(and off list too) so that I can help you.

---
Boris Liberman
www.geocities.com/dunno57