On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:18 +0100 (BST)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (John Dallman) wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mike wilson) wrote:
>
> > I don't know the OM series well at all but I think all of the
> > shutters are electromechanical.

I know them quite well :)

> The OM-1 shutter is pure mechanical; the only electronics are the
> match-needle metering. Don't know about the OM-3;

All mechanical. As a matter of fact, I think that there are two
seperate mechanical shutter mechanisms, one working for "lower"
shutter speeds, one for "higher" shutter speeds.

The OM3 is quite a neat camera, actually.

> the OM-2 and OM-4 are
> electromechanical, and the OM-10 series are far too cheap and nasty
> for the taste of the USN.

Yup. Not to say that the double-digit OM series (OM-10/20/30/40) are
bad cameras, they are just made for a more occational-use market than
the single-digit series.

--thomas