In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Thomas Heide Clausen) wrote:

> Yup. Not to say that the double-digit OM series (OM-10/20/30/40) are
> bad cameras, they are just made for a more occational-use market than
> the single-digit series.

Yup. Personally, I kind of like a truly solid feeling on camera bodies,
which those OMs don't have. The reason I've used screw-mount Pentaxes for
years and - having decided that the K mount had some things to offer - I'm
now on the look-out for a KX to go with the KM and the K2 is that they
give me that solid feeling.

Indeed, ergonomics *are* the reason I use Pentaxes rather than another of
the good SLRs. Plus they're big enough - am OM-1 or an MX is too small
for my hands.

Do any of the later Pentax models use the same body frame as the
Spotmatics through K-series? I'm finding that getting maintenance on
K-series bodies is harder than on Spotmatics, there having been such huge
numbers of the latter sold in the UK.

---
John Dallman                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]