William,

Sorry I tweaked you, but I stand by my assertion that making good
photographs with a Pentax camera does not depend on the exclusive use of
Pentax OEM lenses. Maybe I'm crazy, but I sure I've made good photos
with a Spotmatic with a Zeiss lens mounted. Or with an MX with a lowly
Vivitar 28/2 CF.....

Your statement sounded to me just like that Canon ad in Pop Photo. The
Canon ad is marketing drivel.

***Are you that moron troll that pops up to piss me off from time to
time?

Not that I know of, but I would be happy to assume the roll if you need
someone to stand up to you with an opposing viewpoint every now and
again. Just because you have plenty of time on your hands to sit on top
of the list all day doesn't give you or your pronouncements any special
status.

***The only reason to shoot Pentax bodies is to get to use their
lenses.

Ridiculous. There are many reasons to use a Pentax - the quality of the
OEM lenses may simply be one of the best reasons. The availability of a
wide range of excellent third party lenses - especially in M42 - is
another.

***Experience of a working photographer, whether at it's best
or worst, I don't know, but my customers never had a complaint.

The experience of this working photographer has been that good
photographs can be made with any good instrument, OEM or third party, or
any combination thereof.

It was a "Newbie Question" William, mind the context. And I think that
newbies need third party lenses (or a substantial income) to build up a
good kit of quality primes quickly - to save themselves from "cheap zoom
hell."

Here's my full signature, in case you feel I was hiding behind my
truncated "Chris L." sig. Email me personally if you wish to take it off
the list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), but please refrain from calling as
I'm struggling to meet a publication deadline. As of now it's not going
well, but that has nothing to do with my cheap, prestige-challenged,
third party lenses.

Happy shooting, and good light to you.

Christopher Lillja
Director of Publications