Bill,

The radiation emmited from the seeds will not likely be effected by a lens. Lenes are designed to shape the path of light, not other forms of radiation.

Maybe just sit in the darkroom with a sheet or two of photographic paper around your belly and back for 20 min . . .

Somehow, I doubt you get much exposed . . . I'd think that these radioactive seeds would contain very small dosages of radiation.

Good Luck,
Illinois Bill

Bill Owens wrote:

Late next month I'll be receiving radioactive seed implants to treat
prostate cancer.  Any suggestions on how to see if this small amount of
radiation will fog film?  I'm thinking sitting in a dark room, pressing a
lens  against the affected area and exposing a few frames.  Do you folks
think the metal body of the camera or the metal shutter blades or the
metallic cannister would block the radiation?  If so, how about using the
Spotmatic with the fabric shutter?

Bill

-- William Kane http://www.KaneScience.com IABT Advisory Board Member http://www.iabt.net Tinley Park High School 6111 W. 175th Street Tinley Park, IL 60477 V: 708/532-1900 ext 3909 http://www.bhsd228.com