På torsdag, 4. september 2003, kl. 20:51, skrev T Rittenhouse:

Some interesting comments in this thread so far.

After thinking about it I think that if I was setting it up there would be
simple genera themes (portraits, landscapes, architecture, animals, etc) the
rule would be that they had to be shot for that Gallery. After all if all
you want to do is show some of your existing photos you can put them on your
website or one of the existing photo sites. I think the PUG should be a
vehicle to get folks to go out an use their cameras, and to be able to
compare how they did it with how others did it. It should in no way be a
competition, but a chance to grow and learn.

I agree, that´s why I prefer the opposite type of themes. Choose a theme that no-one have in their archives, and all the contributions will be made especially for this event. How about something like "My favorite chair" or "A broken cup"? Of course, what happens then is that nobody participates :-(

DagT