People ... I love working with all sorts of people in many types of
environments. Kids are great, especially when I can capture the
relationship between kids and their parents.  I love catching a hug
or a kiss, a touch or a glance, or some other indication of
closeness and the love and bond between parent and child.

I like working with street people - shooting the street is an
exhilarating experience, and sometime challenging in that it's often
difficult to get close to people who don't want to be observed or
have an intrusion in their lives.

The idea of documenting the relationship of people to what's
happening in their lives, the joys and the sadness, loneliness and
camaraderie, silliness and seriousness, has always interested me,
and going back through old negatives and prints it seems that my
best work has been with people.  People and Pentax - a winning
combination!

"For me, the creation of a photograph is experienced as a heightened
emotional
response, most akin to poetry and music, each image the culmination
of a compelling impulse I cannot deny." --- Ruth Bernhard

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]