>I think such a loosely organized critique circle might be fun to start up
again
though.  Anyone interested?

>cheers,
frank

Sure. But one little hitch. I organize a critique sort of board in another
realm, another genre -- one that gives out assignments. And believe me the
little hitch isn't that little, getting people to follow through. I keep telling
people I am not their Mom and hate nagging, but push come to shove I just about
always have to do follow-up letters nagging them to complete their reviews.
(Well, 90-99% of the time, some just do it.) (We are talking reviews of hobbyist
computer games here, BTW.)

Maybe just encouraging people to do some comments is better. Like, say, you
do some comments, I do some, others do some, and just put at the end of our
posts a general call for more comments. Hey, I did some, you do some too!

I find just picking out 5-8-10 is best. Hard to do them all.

And sometimes I hesitate because I am not an experienced photographer and my
comments tend to be more toward color balance and composition, and sort of
arty, but no technical stuff. And probably uninformed.

But I figure people like feedback, even if brief or not what they
particularly wanted to hear about their stuff.

I have noticed, since I've been on the list, that people usually, actually
get more comments when they post a URL to their latest stuff than when they
submit things to the PUG. Comments on submissions to the PUG are hit and miss.
Maybe 30 people submitted, but only 8-10 got comments ;-). But posting URLs, just
about everyone gets a comment or two.

Anyway, if you want to organize something feel free, frank, but I recommend
not volunteering for something that may become more of a headache than you
think.

Maybe just a general call for more PUG comments at the end of one's post of
comments would be best.

Marnie aka Doe ;-)