I find that a 50mm lens is frequently a good choice to frame a
full-figure portrait, a small group of people or a street scene. (My
current PUG submission is a street scene that was shot with a 50.) The
50 works well for photographing some indoor activities. I've used it on
a couple of occasions to photograph  billiard players. I sometimes use
the 50 for landscapes as well, but I do find that its "normal"
perspective can be a bit bland in this type of photography.