Thanks Kenneth for your explanation.

I may sound amateurish, but I'm the one who just sees a shot and takes it. I
hate having to do a lot afterwards, be it in a darkroom or in a digital
room. That's why I took to slides a certain period, they just gave me what I
saw. Looking back I can all my mistakes all too clearly as well. What I
certainly do not like about photgraphy is the amount of technique I need to
get a picture rigt. I feel the technique is more a burden than a blessing.
As a choir conductor I do not sense any limits like this. As a pianist I did
however. My arms and fingers didn't want to do what I did. The piano was in
my way, as are a lot of photographical technical aspects. The absurd limits
of a film for instance. I hope that digital solves this all in due course.

This sounds more negative than it really is, but as I'm picking up my
photography now I do encounter the very same things that made me stop twcie
before. So, I'm not a natural photographer I guess.

:-)

Paul Delcour